1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Got three pedals off CL

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassplar, Jul 4, 2012.

1. bassplar

bassplar

Jun 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Just curious what the opinions were on these three pedals. Paid $20 each.

Digitech Bass Synth Wah

Digitech Bass Driver

Digitech Bass Multi Chorus

The price seemed right and i have been looking into experimenting with pedals some. Honest opinions won't hurt me.

2. no opinions on the pedals, but if you don't like them, you'll likely make a profit selling them

3. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    I have no experience with those pedals but I've generally found that "you get what you pay for". The cheap ones are really good to use to experiment with sounds and see exactly what effects you like and should go after.......but they'd probably be selling for more if they were great sounding. I've seen many an effect hater come into this forum talking about how effects aren't for bass and they all sound horrible....we ask them what they're using....and it's almost always Behringer, Boss, EHX or some other cheap mostly built with guitars in mind like company.

All that to say, they'll be fun to mess around with but if they sound a bit fake, processed, or....just not high quality, don't let it turn you off on effects. They're like amps and basses, the better sounding ones usually cost more money.

4. bassplar

bassplar

Jun 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I agree, I am not expecting to have the best of the best. They do list for $99 each on digitechs site, and $89 on MF. I was looking to the option of getting a Boss GT-10B at some point if I start to dig the effects.

5. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    That's where I got my start. I like the GT-10B a lot. I've also tried a Zoom B3 and Line 6 M5.....if I had to choose.....I dunno....the B3 and GT-10B were pretty close. Really liked them both. And I felt like both were quality sounding.

6. bassplar

bassplar

Jun 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I haven't heard anyone really hate the GB-10B. I have a Roland RC300 Loop Station and it has a few effect in there, nothing that I consider quality though.

7. moles

moles

Jan 24, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB
    The Digitech Bass Synth does a couple of things really well, IMO - for $20 that was a pretty good score (Kinda wish I hadn't sold mine.) Mode 7 is a synth sound blended with an Octave down sound...which sounds okay, but the cool thing is you can turn the synth all the way down in the mix (third knob, IIRC) and voila...you've got an octave pedal...Modes 3 and 4 you can set to do huuuge slow filter sweeps - something I haven't been able to replicate with any other pedal yet.

I'm actually kinda curious about the other two myself, so please report back once you get to know them a bit.