1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

got to play a MM SUB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, Jun 11, 2003.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I went to Guitar Center yesterday and I saw they got a red SUB. I ran to it and snatched it before you could know it. I got myself a cord and plugged
    into a GK 1001RB. Holy Cow. It an Ernie Ball alright. Same sound as a Stingray, but it seemed to have better sounding low mids. Maybe a little less bright than a Stingray and it didn't handle slap as well. I got around to plugging it into an Ampeg SVT 4 Pro, and blah. No treble at all. Too muddy for my taste. One thing I didn't like about it was it didn't have contours? Thats going to get uncormfortable. I got a Squier II P-bass that has no countours and after playing for 15 minutes my wrist really begin to hurt. The finish on this thing is astounding. Kind of a rough, burgandy red finish. Definetely worth the money. I'd consider giving up my dreams for a Stingray for one of these. Now I want to try the Bongo.

~Patrick

2. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Hmmm....i hope they make it to the UK. I was considering an OLP stingray or a Yammy RBX as a spare bass, as i couldn't jusitfy a proper Ernieball stingray, and I don't want a fender P or J type.

Was this one you tried strung with nickel or stainless steel strings, that might explain the lack of treble, and unusefulness for slap.

3. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    www.machinehead.co.uk they hae a MM sub in if your interested. havent played it, loooks kinda cool though