Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

got to play a MM SUB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, Jun 11, 2003.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I went to Guitar Center yesterday and I saw they got a red SUB. I ran to it and snatched it before you could know it. I got myself a cord and plugged
    into a GK 1001RB. Holy Cow. It an Ernie Ball alright. Same sound as a Stingray, but it seemed to have better sounding low mids. Maybe a little less bright than a Stingray and it didn't handle slap as well. I got around to plugging it into an Ampeg SVT 4 Pro, and blah. No treble at all. Too muddy for my taste. One thing I didn't like about it was it didn't have contours? Thats going to get uncormfortable. I got a Squier II P-bass that has no countours and after playing for 15 minutes my wrist really begin to hurt. The finish on this thing is astounding. Kind of a rough, burgandy red finish. Definetely worth the money. I'd consider giving up my dreams for a Stingray for one of these. Now I want to try the Bongo.

~Patrick

2. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Hmmm....i hope they make it to the UK. I was considering an OLP stingray or a Yammy RBX as a spare bass, as i couldn't jusitfy a proper Ernieball stingray, and I don't want a fender P or J type.

Was this one you tried strung with nickel or stainless steel strings, that might explain the lack of treble, and unusefulness for slap.

3. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    www.machinehead.co.uk they hae a MM sub in if your interested. havent played it, loooks kinda cool though