Got to play with Abe!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by BigWave, Jul 8, 2008.

1. BigWave

BigWave

Jan 12, 2004
    Salinas CA
    These days I play at church most of the time. Guitar or bass. What ever is needed that week.

This week we had a guest group for our July 4th weekend. We have someone each year. This year it was a new group called "Open Hands" with Abe Laboriel!

My friend (and the church music director) asked if I would like to sit in on a song. Sure!

It was a blast. All studio guys. All very encouraging and the nicest guys you can imagine.

The show was great and they were all great guys. And Abe can move!!!!

2. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    Friend and Endorsee of Larry
    Sweet!!

:bassist:

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    That's pretty cool. Abe's one of the greats.

4. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Whoa! Congrats man, talk about divine intervention! :hyper:

Cheers,
    Kevin

5. kENNy k

kENNy k

Dec 4, 2007
    Boca Raton, Fl.
    Sounds like you had a blast. congrats..!!

I rented out my rig for a concert for Maranatha and the whole Tom Brooks team. At that time, I think he was using all the "Koininia" guys.

Abe is a great guy and a great player, but he blew out 2 of my speakers on my amp. He was playing REALLY loud. Nothing against him at all,just stating a fact. He is such a nice guy, and authentic Christian, how could I be mad, although I was a little upset. Whadda ya gonna do?

The church paid for new speakers for me.

Best,

Kenny

6. BigWave

BigWave

Jan 12, 2004
    Salinas CA
    Oohh. Sorry to hear about the blown drivers. We rented an Eden rig (WT800 and 2 x 4x10). When he gets slapping it gets loud.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021