Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got ToneBone Hot British!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Cliff em'All, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Cliff em'All

Cliff em'All

Sep 27, 2004
    I just got my ToneBone Hot British pedal and I must say I am impressed! I got it for reasonably cheap compared to how much they usually sell for so i figured what the heck ill try it out. I only played around with it for a few minutes but i must say with little adjustment its the best distortion ive used on bass. It really keeps the lowend too . Theres so many adjustments on this pedal its easy to find the distortion sound your looking for. Although it is made for very high gain metal sounding distortion , if your looking for a little less distortion id recomend getting the ToneBone Classic. I still gotta play around with this thing a little more but so far Im more than satisfied!

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The rule for basses is now in effect here.

If you ain't got pictures, you ain't got a pedal.

:p

3. Cliff em'All

Cliff em'All

Sep 27, 2004
    pshh fine dont beleive me :spit: haha

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Waitaminnit, how do I know YOU exist?

:bag:

5. Cliff em'All

Cliff em'All

Sep 27, 2004
    thats a good question haha .

Welp after playing with the settings somemore ive found one certain settings it doesnt retain the low end so well but with the flip of a switch u can get much better low end . Though im still tryin to get just the right setting , Im very picky.

6. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    The American version interests me. For $180.00 I am hesitant to not demo one first. The TRI Mode version sounds x-tra cool, though more dough of course.

7. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    excellent pedals!! but I might get a sansamp tri-ac tomoroww,and trade my RUS muff!!! we'll see!

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Coincidentally, I just bought a used ToneBone Classic, but for guitar, not bass. It's a great pedal. I was jamming last night with a couple guys at work, and I let one of the guitarists play through the ToneBone into my Blues Jr. Tweed amp. We got some great Rolling Stones tones out of it. It's an excellent distortion box. Lots of tones, subtle dirt to full grind. I ran my bass through it for a little while, and power chords sounded mighty bitchen.

9. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    Good to hear. Thanks for the bit of info! May be that I need to find myself one.

10. Cliff em'All

Cliff em'All

Sep 27, 2004
    Played with it for the first time at practice last night and again i say its the best distortion ive ever heard through bass. It cut great through the guitars too you could hear it very distictly .Also sounded really cool with the wah while we played "For Whom The Bell Tolls" . If anyone is interested in one ebay is the place to go , once in awhile you will find them selling alot lower than retail.

11. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    anybody compared it to a Fulltone Bass-Drive yet?