1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Got two new basses!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tumeni Notes, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Tumeni Notes

Tumeni Notes

Jan 2, 2009
    Well,

I decided to check out the Arlington Guitar show this weekend. I had been looking for a new 4-string bass guitar for the past several months. I was leaning toward the new Fender American Jazz, then the G&L L-2000, then a Spector, etc...

Well, I was about 1/2 though the show and only saw a few basses; most vendors had guitars and couple of basses. As I began to think that there were no bass specific vendors, I saw the Lowend booth. They had a lot of great basses (Warrior, Lowend, Shur, etc). I noticed that they had a used Euro-Spector neck-through for $750.00 and I checked it out. The bass sounded unbelievable. The bass had several scratches in the back and a couple of dings on the bottom edge, but it was a beautiful instrument.

I was about to say I wanted it, but then I noticed a beautiful G&L L-2000 with a copper metallic finish and matching headstock. I played that bass and was blown away. The action, sound and feel were perfect. I was torn between which bass to get, so I ended up getting both of them.

Separately, as I was leaving the show, I noticed the Warrior booth and checked out their basses. The bass I liked was $7,000 and they said since the show is about to end, they will make me a great deal. Although, I was tempted, I respectively declined and was able not to spend my life savings on too many more basses. I need to check those Warrior basses out next year.

P.S. The Lowend guys were great!!!

Attached Files:

2. Tumeni Notes

Tumeni Notes

Jan 2, 2009
    And now the Spector bass....

Pictures are a little dark. The bass is a dark navy blue.

Attached Files:

3. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Very very nice. Two of my favorite basses.
    $750 is a solid price on that Spector.

I actually think the G&L is capable of copping a very spector like tone when you have both pickups on, series parallel switch set to parallel, and the active treble boost on.

Great gnarly pick attack tone.

You done good!

4. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass Inactive Commercial User

Jun 3, 2009
    Between Muscle Shoals and Nashville
    Bassgearu, Music Industry Consulting and Sales. Tech 21, NBE Corp, Sonosphere.
    All I can say is congrats! Nice gets. The copper L-2000 is cool, and if I remember actually rare. Leo always kept improving on the original. The L-2000 is still the best he ever made, according to him. If you think about it, it has the overall feel of a P, the neck of a J, the electronics of a MM.

5. Jeff 66

Jeff 66

Nov 5, 2009
    I'm guessing the Spector has the Tone Pump?

Yeah... nothing subtle about that little black box, is there? Someone on here referenced it as a "vulgar display of tone" and I heartily agree.

6. Wow, NBD X 2!

7. Tumeni Notes

Tumeni Notes

Jan 2, 2009
    Yes, the Spector has the Tone Pump. It was manufactured in the Czech Republic and is a neck-through bass. I was originally looking at the ReBop series, but could not pass up this good deal. It also included a hard-shell case (not original).

I paid $1,100.00 for the new G&L bass with original hard shell case included.

8. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    I've seen photos of the show in other threads, but you made a double! There's nothing like taking bass window shopping to the next level, eh?

Congrats!

9. pjmuck

pjmuck

Feb 8, 2006
    New Joisey
    Wow! Never seen a copper L2000 before. Very cool. And $750 is a steal for a Spector.

10. sarnz

sarnz

Oct 6, 2008
    Love that color!