Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got two new (to me) pedals today!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by pmkelly, Mar 8, 2003.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Just got back from meeting a fellow tb'er and traded him for a couple of pedals! The first one I got was a Q-tron, and the other was the Ibanez PD 7 distortion...

The q tron is everything that I always wanted it to be, and it looks like it could be something that you play with for days! i can't wait to really get into the sounds on that one....

Now for the shocker... the Ibanez pedal sounded pretty good! The overdrive and the distortions sound really good, and when you go to a clean setting the pedal has a really nice boost! pretty good, if you ask me... I still have to play with it a bit more, but it really didn't sound to bad at all...

P@

2. Aristotle

Aristotle

May 12, 2002
    Easton, MD
    Congrats on the purchases. I've had a PD-7 since about last summer and I love it. It's everything and MORE. As far as the Q-Tron, ive heard great things, though never experienced one. I do however have a Doctor Q on the way. I found it very cheap so I figured I would give it a try.

3. what did you have to trade for those?

4. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    a laney combo amp!

P@