1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Got used to play on one string, cant get rid of habbit

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BITCRUSHER668, Dec 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BITCRUSHER668

BITCRUSHER668

Oct 22, 2016
    title pretty much says it,, habit drags me back from improving

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Scales. Learn some and practice then vertically. Form new (better) habits. I think I read somewhere that it pretty much takes about three weeks to break old habits and/or form new ones.

MCF likes this.
  3. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Stop it.

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    This. And @Gorn you have about twenty minutes to change you avatar pic back or else. I get a bead on you guys and you up.and change things on me. (Guess it'll take me about three weeks to get use to it?)

sissy kathy and Gorn like this.
  5. I say just keep doing it, looks cooler live anyways.

:bag:

6. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    NW Mass/SW VT
    So what you need is washtub (or warsh-tub) bass such that you don't have any of those pesky other strings to confuse the issue. Slap a piezo pickup on it if you need electric signal. Get some raggedy overalls, grow a scraggly beard, felt hat, give up shoes...

Oh, is it avatar changing day? I'll play...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    lostreality likes this.
  7. Nah. Hitch was great. I like it. It is Hitchens, right?

8. Chicory Blue

Chicory Blue Secretly Queen of the Moon Supporting Member

I'm jelly. I can dance around scale boxes all day 'till I run out of strings (which is generally pretty soon), but when it comes to playing along a single string I can't count frets for beans. At the end of the day, you want both, so if you're good at one, that's the opposite of a problem. Just learn the other, no?

--^@

9. Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday

Jul 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Buy a Krappy Punk Bass. Instead of learning to use all the strings have, get a bass that has all the strings you use.

tuba_samurai likes this.
  10. lfmn16

lfmn16 SUSPENDED Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    Me - I can't stop smoking
    Doctor - take the cigarette out of your mouth.

Gorn likes this.
  11. Xandrell

Xandrell

Aug 23, 2014
    I actually play the E when I can, I like the sound better.

12. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    You should know at least 3 different forms for major and minor scales. Start on the second finger and use 3 strings (major, first finger for minor). Start on the 4th finger and use 3 strings (major and minor). Start with first finger and use 2 strings.
    Go slow, get it right, move up the speed.

13. Just start a D.A.D. (Disney After Dark) tribute band. One is all you need.