Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got what I wanted....Aardvark 24/96

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by count_funkula, May 15, 2001.

1. I ended up returning the Audiophile card I bought and got the Aardvark 24/96. It's bundled with CakeWalk Pro Audio 9! There was a problem with the software so Aardvark is sending me a new copy.

This thing is sweet, it has a breakout box with 4 ins and 6 outs. The inputs are a combo jack that allow you to plug in either a 1/4" cord or an XLR in the same port. The 4 inputs are also Mic preamps so there is no need for any external equipment. It has a headphone jack on the front for monitoring.

The coolest thing is there is a DSP effects engine built on to the audio card which allows for zero latency. It includes EQ, compression and reverb. I can't wait to get the software!!!

Here is a picture:

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Great things worked out for you! :)

I already felt bad about the whole thing.
    Strange that the Audiophile isn't bundled with the Audio Tools outside of Germany.

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Cool! Promise that as soon as you get the software, you go and make some sweet music for us to listen to! :)

Good thing you got Cakewalk 9, it's an outstanding piece of software. Stabile and very easy to use (at least compared to Emagic's totally non-intuitive interfaces :().

I'm working on some stuff myself, BTW, but programming MIDI events note for note is cumbersome (I can't play/do not own any keyboard), and I need to get a pre-amp for the bass as well (I thought I could use my combo at first, but I can't mute the speakers and since the line level signal strength is controlled by the volume knob... I want my neighbours to be my friends, you know? ;)).

4. No problem JMX. I'm sure the audiophile is an excellent card, I was just having problems figuring out how I was going to use it.

The Aardvark suits my needs better.

As soon as I figure everything out I will throw together something for you guys to listen to.