1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

got work to unblock talkbass WOOT

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mcapote, Apr 26, 2010.

1. mcapote

mcapote

Sep 9, 2009
    Miami Florida
    I work in a school and I was locked out of TB at work because it was on the firewall as a general entertainment site. I put in a request to have it unblocked stating music teachers use it for teaching material on bass and they actually unblocked it. Im happy I have something to entertain me while waiting on microsoft windows updates LOL.

that is all

2. Mortiis

Mortiis Banned

Apr 24, 2010
    UK
    [​IMG]

Fight%20the%20Power.

3. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    Floridans' tax dollars at work

4. Now go for the prawn. :ninja:

5. lol

6. Mortiis

Mortiis Banned

Apr 24, 2010
    UK
    Art...life...studies....yeah, it's for art.

7. mcapote

mcapote

Sep 9, 2009
    Miami Florida
    I work, but when you are reformatting computers there is alot of wait time and I only have so many outlets to plug computers into.

8. Gopherbassist

Gopherbassist

Jan 19, 2008
    Baby Brock?
    [​IMG]

9. A.Diva

A.Diva

Dec 31, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Exactly! I feel your pain. My company recently installed Barracuda. I was ready for them though with my Verizon Mi-fi. :D

I'm happily playing Blitz while sitting and waiting for a 100-some odd page brief to OCR.

10. Ha! Read a lot of threads over on gearslutz.com about having issues at work. . . :D

I took my dog to a vet once that I feel TOTALLY over charged me. he was known from that day forward as "the rapist" and I referred to him in an e-mail to my friend (my ex who I got the dog with) and it triggered a red flag in her firewall - caused a BIG stink, had to explain to her boss why she had an e-mail w/ the word "rapist" in it. methinks I'm glad I'm not in corporate america LD

11. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Damn I hate that Barracuda!

12. Wasted Bassist

Wasted Bassist

Nov 11, 2008
    Fargo, ND
    My school doesn't block TB. It does block Gearslutz and Guitarfetish though. That was annoying when I was trying to help a friend who was working on building a guitar.

13. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I almost quit my job earlier today because I couldnt access TB! All the sites I usually check were blocked at work. It was fixed a few minutes later though, before I stormed the IT office.

14. A.Diva

A.Diva

Dec 31, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Er, uh, do you believe it's really prudent to storm the IT department? Um, we have ways of making a user's life a living hell. :eyebrow:

**insert maniacal laughter here**

15. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    If I were quitting it wouldnt have mattered. I would have done the inverse and opened up my computer to every virus on the internet (if I could get a damn connection!)

16. A.Diva

A.Diva

Dec 31, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Mr. Mania, are you one of those troublemaker types?

Like the guy who tried to copy his ENTIRE inbox to a network drive and crashed the server so about 100 people were idled.

Are you one of thoooosssseeee types of users? ;)

Or, are you like the guy who set up his 'out of office' message and did something weird and the thing went in a loop until the mail server crashed.

Not that I would suggest you do either of these things in lieu of setting off a virus, but at least the trouble would be contained within the company . You wouldn't want some innocent civilian to get caught in the crossfire from an infected email or file . . . would you? :cool: *insert more maniacal laughter*

17. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Haha, are you giving me suggestions? Sweet!

Actually Im not a troublemaker type, I was just furious that I had my craigslist and TB taken away from me (after I just paid my dues, too!) for what I thought was forever. Turns out we just had some weird server problems.

The IT dept. here is pretty cool, with the exception of one stickler, who is the one who would have blocked me as well as the one my wrath would have been extolled upon. I also rarely need their help, as Im capable of fixing most of my own computer problems.

I will keep your suggestions in mind for the day I quit, which shouldnt be too far off now.