1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

'goth' P-bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chris_AtariDoll, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    I was in a local store at the weekend and saw a matt (satin) black P-bass special with a silver anodised pickguard..... just wondering if this is a standard finish or something special???? Id never seen a fender in that finish b4. They were asking £600 for it, which i though was expensive for a Mexican

Chris

2. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    anyone????????

3. jpwinters

jpwinters Guest

Aug 22, 2002
    Norfolk, Va
    Sounds like it might be a refinish. The price converts to around $750-$800 USD. That would be very expensive for a mexi.

4. dreadhead

dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Europe
    I saw an American Jazz bass with the same refinish... it was very nice! Check eBay or get a worn P-bass and refinish it!
    :)

5. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    no, I seen the same finish on a P-bass the other day. Matter fact, I played it :)

6. I saw the same thing at a local store. I think it was a P-special, but had the weird rough finish. They also had a bunch of strats in the same finish.

jtbp

7. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    so it looks asthough its a fender colour... Coz i quite fancy a jazz in that finish. A friend of mine (who works for a large music store chain) said that fender were about to add some new colours to there ranges.... i guess that is one of them.

Thanks for the help

chris