'goth' P-bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chris_AtariDoll, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    I was in a local store at the weekend and saw a matt (satin) black P-bass special with a silver anodised pickguard..... just wondering if this is a standard finish or something special???? Id never seen a fender in that finish b4. They were asking £600 for it, which i though was expensive for a Mexican

2. jpwinters

jpwinters Guest

Aug 22, 2002
    Norfolk, Va
    Sounds like it might be a refinish. The price converts to around $750-$800 USD. That would be very expensive for a mexi.
  3. dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    I saw an American Jazz bass with the same refinish... it was very nice! Check eBay or get a worn P-bass and refinish it!
  4. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    no, I seen the same finish on a P-bass the other day. Matter fact, I played it :)
  5. I saw the same thing at a local store. I think it was a P-special, but had the weird rough finish. They also had a bunch of strats in the same finish.

6. Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    so it looks asthough its a fender colour... Coz i quite fancy a jazz in that finish. A friend of mine (who works for a large music store chain) said that fender were about to add some new colours to there ranges.... i guess that is one of them.

Thanks for the help