Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gotoh 206???

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by AaronWarren, May 8, 2001.

1. AaronWarren

AaronWarren

Sep 7, 2000
    Sunny SoCal
    alright everyone, i need some real help. i ordered a gotoh 206 from warmoth and i have a MIA fender jazz bass deluxe with string through bady bridge. is it worth it for me to drill the holes and put in this bridge? cause if i do it is there for good. any pro's and con's on the gotoh. i think the bridge is good i just want to make sure this is gonna be worth it.

2. good fella

good fella

Apr 3, 2001
    SD
    i gotta admit, i ordered a gotoh 201 off warmoth, and it sounds pretty damned good. i suppose the 206 might sound better? well anyway, i think you should just forget about the string through, just put the strings through the current wholes on the bridge. heck, its a cheap bridge, you can afford to ruin it.

3. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    I use the 206 on my MIM Jazz. It is a huge improvement over the stock bridge in terms of sustain and intonation, but then again, it's a MIM so I didn't feel too bad about drilling it!