1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

gotoh 303 sj or bad ass III on american dlx?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by steve_man, Apr 19, 2009.

1. steve_man

steve_man Supporting Member

May 15, 2002
    seriously wanting to replace the bridge of my 4 string Am Dlx jazz. thoughts on the gotoh 303 sj and the bad ass III?

I know the BA III is a drop in replacement for this and the 303 sj may not be an exact fit but depends on how good the bridge is.

Steve

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    What don't you like about the bridge. I ask, because I have an Am Dlx P, and have no issues whatsoever with the bridge it came with.

3. steve_man

May 15, 2002
    Finding the bridge doesn't have as much attack or sustain as I'd like. I'm used to the BA II from a previous bass I had. Loved that bridge. But of course the screw holes don't fit. Considered the BA III but it looks a little chunky/ugly plus I haven't heard much in the way of input.

4. steve_man

May 15, 2002
    has anyone used the gotoh 303 sj?

5. IbanezATK

IbanezATK

Feb 24, 2009
    Monroe, LA, USA
    I like Badass Bridges... because they say Badass on them. That, simply stated, makes them Badass.

6. What year is your Deluxe? If it's a few years old you might want to add Fender's HMV to the list. I have a BA III on one and the HMV on another and prefer the HMV. I've never tried the 303 though, but my Gotoh 201s are very nice bridges.

7. steve_man

May 15, 2002
    I got mine in 2007. So it is the 3 screw arrangement. Would love to go with a gotoh 201. I think that's what sadowsky usually uses? But I figured the 4 screw arrangement would require some serious foolin' around.

But those HMV's have caught my before. Aren't these on the non dlx models? I played an american p with what looked like the HMV and it played so well. Found it strange that they had a lighter weight bridge on the dlx?

8. steve_man

May 15, 2002
  9. steve_man

May 15, 2002
    has anyone used the fender HMV?

10. Spino

Spino

May 21, 2006
    Germany
    Check the Babicz might please you .