Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gotoh Truss Rods?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by daveze, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Has anybody had any experience with them? I know Gotoh make a fair bit of various pieces of hardware but are their truss rods any good, and particularly are they easy to install (or have instructions, the fellow at the shop I'd order through didn't know)?

If I have a neck that'll be a shade longer than 60cm from nut to the point where the bottom of my upper horn hits reaches the neck (neck thru) will a 40.5cm rod be long enough? Thats the only length the Gotohs come in and they're the only dual action that the shop can order in.

Or am I better off ordering in a set of Hot Rods from Stew Mac? I don't want to do this because it'll be quite a bit more expensive than getting something I can order locally. Though if I did this, it'd give me a good excuse to get a decent set of files, fretting supplies and some carbon fibre rods as well, stuff I'd prefer to get through Stew Mac (unless any Aussies have better recommendations?).

Josh D