1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gott a nother bass coming...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rfclef, May 29, 2007.

1. rfclef

rfclef

Jan 19, 2007
    Gervais, Oregon
  2. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

3. rfclef

rfclef

Jan 19, 2007
    Gervais, Oregon
    I will DEFinitely try to make the next one... Anything on the horizon?

4. rfclef

rfclef

Jan 19, 2007
    Gervais, Oregon
    Well, got here today. Looks sweet. The seller gave its appearance a 7 outta 10. He understated it. More like a 9 outta 10. Better than the other way around... lol. I played it a bit when it got here. Nice sound, though of course not real loud unplugged. Sounds good plugged in too. Very comfortable neck, acoustic body will take some getting used to after playing my other 2 basses. Will post pics soon.

5. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Not that I know of as there was one so recently (at the end of April), but I'm trying to get some people to help me listen to some preamps in the next few days, since I can't play for very long after my back surgery. I have a whole thread on that issue in the amps section.

Sounds like you made a good move snagging that bass. Cool.

6. rfclef

rfclef

Jan 19, 2007
    Gervais, Oregon
    Saw that... I wouldn't be much help, but I'd come waste your time if I was not so swamped with grad work, HS graduation tomorrow, and a sick kid... Oh, I gotta get to 12th fret and get my Viola bass back too...

7. rfclef

rfclef

Jan 19, 2007
    Gervais, Oregon
    Pics:

8. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    That's a sweet little bass. Have fun with it!

9. brisonic

brisonic

Jan 1, 2006
    san diego
  10. rfclef

rfclef

Jan 19, 2007
    Gervais, Oregon
    YEs.. it is a shorty... feels quite nice. Nice tone too. I am thinking about a thumbrest that won't mar the looks... But very nice and comfortable to play. Not real loud, but will let me practice unplugged and play some when I go up to Brass camp in a couple weeks...

11. rfclef

rfclef

Jan 19, 2007
    Gervais, Oregon
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I WAS perfectly happy with my Applause AE-40... I got it for $150, shipping included. I have played it a lot lately, took it up to camp with me, though it is going to stay here whilst I travel to Texas for the summer... the acoustic body takes up more space than both of my other 2 basses (the Epi Viola and my ZZ Ryder).

But Now???

Saw one for $350 on local Craigslist... of course, that one includes a hardshell case, but I think I got a pretty swell deal... I did put a thumbrest on, but will ahve to wait to post a pic... I am hitting the road in the AM to head for TX... The Acoustic stays home... it takes as much room as my Viola and ZZ Ryder combined...

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021