1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gotta call Dave -- Avatar choices!! Help!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wattoosi, Nov 21, 2005.

1. okay, help me choose!! I have been reading all the reviews and thinking of taking a chance with a mail order cab - something I normally would not do! This is what I am thinking:

1. Neo 410 (4 ohm (i think))
    2. Neo 210 (8 ohm)
    3. 212 Delta LF (8 ohm)

Ideally, looking for a stand a lone cab for small, medium gigs, straight ahead playing, rocky praise band - oldies rock, stuff like that. If I got the 410, I probably would not think of adding anything to it.

Looking for punch, deep, low end, shake stuff, more "hi-fi" than vintage, flat freq response - able to do mids with clearity but still have solid low end.

My last rig was an Eden metro - 400 watts - 2x10" - not bad.

I have not got it yet, but looking at Yorkville's XS-800 head - 600 watts @ 8 ohms, 800 @ 4.

2. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I played a B212 [i bought a 4 ohm] in a wide variety of settings. One of those settings was a praise and worship band. I liked how the sound no matter what style i was playing-fit. Now that i don't have my trusty rack+2X12 and i'm just playing through various SWR WM12s & WM15s [their the amps that the school has] man do i miss that thing.

I do not have experience with their neo cabs. I had a B210 Delta that i used for small/med gigs as a standalone-compared to my other cabs [B212 & a B115H w/the kappa pro LF speaker] it was quite bright.

That's all

3. Thanks! The feedback on the 212 is stellar, so what you said makes sense.