Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

gotta have a Genz Benz GBE 600

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xcental34x, Jan 10, 2004.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I was playing a Genz Benz GBE 600 today, and uh yeah. It that amazing. I gotta have that head. My local shop is selling it for 840, but I saw on Guitar-villa.com that its on sale for 499. Dang. I can't believe how amazing that head is. Yeah.

~Patrick

2. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    It plays like a dream. I have a really hard time describing tone, but its versatile like crazy. It can do the muddy Ampeg thing, or the chrystal clear crazy SWR thing, or the hi-fi clinical GK style. I'm in absolute love.

~Patrick

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Uhm yeah, that guy...well, he's an idiot...or he got a bad one. The GBE 600 is one of the loudest bass heads I've ever tried for its power. I'm thinking of going all Genz (sorry, Dan :(). GK will always be in my heart.

~Patrick

4. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Our very own TB brother/luthier Darrin Huff, dhuffguitars, has a GBE 600 if I'm not mistaken. As for me, I've never seen a GBE 600. I have compared the GBE 400 to the EBS HD 350 and for my dollar, I would take the GBE 400.

5. Skian88

Skian88

Oct 14, 2003
    USA maine
    I myself am intereted in buying the Genz-Benz GBE 600 head. My local music store is selling it for $650. You have convinced me even more to buy it. I looked at guitarzilla.com, but i cannot find it for that price anywhere.

What is the cab you suggest i buy with it?

6. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    Looks like they are slow to update the site. They still have the old model GK's listed.

7. Skian88

Skian88

Oct 14, 2003
    USA maine
    Thank you alot,i might buy it. I think i might get think i might get the genze benz 410t-XB as a cab for it.

8. Skian88

Skian88

Oct 14, 2003
    USA maine
    I also ment to ask; is the genz benz GBE 600 head brand new on the site guitar-villa?

9. Woodboy

Woodboy

Jun 9, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    It is very cool that it can handle a 2 ohm load. That really opens up some possibilities as far as cabs go. I plan to seek one out to play.

10. :cool: I've got a GBE-600. It's one damn fine head. I also own a GB LS-210, LS-112, and LS-115 cabinets. I've been very happy with all of them. They have great tone, good quality, and reasonable prices. I was an Ampeg devotee for years, but these things are just as good in my book. I'm on the verge of buying one of the new GB NEOX-212 cabs. I'm working out the deal with my local shop now.

I really don't think you can go wrong with Genz-Benz bass products. Can't speak for their guitar products. Of course, there will always be someone who'll not like them. There's always someone who doesn't like almost everthing.

11. :cool: I've got it mounted in a 2-space TKL rack, similar to the SKB molded plastic type. Head + case weighs in around 35 pounds.