Gotta Job!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ARA punk, Aug 4, 2003.

1. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Alrighty! So i got back last night from my vacation in Fl. Missed you guys alot. I listen to my answering machine and there was a call from the day I left. ANd it was the manager at the cinema in Shelby. Thats baisically the place to hang for all my friends. And the manager makes a habit of only hiring friends of his current employes, because he knows if he can trust them... then he can trust their friends. So to make a long story short, the manager Chris told me I hung out up there enough that i ought to get paid to do it. So i filled out an application and now all i have to do is go to DSS and get my work permits taken care of. its an awesome job. Five to ten minutes of selling popcorn... and an hour and a half of laying around. Just thought i'd share my bliss.
  2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Congrats. Money is good! Always been a big fan of the movies, seems like a pleasant enough place to make some dough.
  3. Congrats on your new job. I did that once....went on holiday and came back to a job offer! It was nice!

Hope it works out well for you.....getting paid to hang out with your friends!
  4. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Thanks guys. Its awesome. We're a small town, so we dont have huge crowds, its just nice and relaxing. Good people too.
  5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    cool, dude! my first job was at a movie house. that's a great job, imo. :)

now you can afford to buy one of our cds :) ;)
  6. Sweet man! I have to shovel tons of dirt and gravel and move craploads of cinderblock to get paid :\ (well, thats at my friends house atleast) But my main job is working for my mom's friends...I help her friend Kelly manage her website, and I help Kelly's husband with their horses and the arena they made...basically watering down dirt while he smooths it all out and digging holes (3 feet deep!) to make a fence and planting bushes and stuff...hard work, but its like getting paid to work out. I make $8/hr there and $10/hr at my friend's house. It's great to have money :D Just wish I could get a job that I could go to like every day.
  7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA

Whats that?

I have filled out an App for every place in the nearest mall, and asked about everywere else.

People disgust me. I hate my life. I would kill for a good job. Not just the familys job tablescraps.

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

There are "jobs" out there. It's just people want a good job! Whatever that means to them.
    I have a job. I'm a Realtor. My job is: I have to find work everyday. By that I mean, I have to find clients who want my help.

Everyday I'm looking for work.

Congrats on the cool job!
  9. A little further down is a thread about someone getting fired; I guess this supports the Yin Yang theory. ;)

Congrats on the job, ARA.

10. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    yeah mike, i've thought about that. I'm really grateful that i've got this job with the unemployment in my county. It was up to about 25% at one point. We had a WalMart distribution center open up in the county with 800 job slots and they had close to 4500 applications (this is only a medium size county in NC). Its getting serious.

Hey Polly, move to NC and i'll hook ya up, we've got another position opening up.
  11. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Congrats on your new job. :)

**** NEPOTISM!!!

If it wasn't for nepotism, then the truly gifted and hard working would never have a problem finding a job.

(sorry if I seem self-righteous but I come from a small town and it doesn't matter if you have a freaking PHd, if you don't have the right last name, you don't have a job)
  12. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I just vacationed there in NC and SC, so I guess I can call you cuz, anyway cuz one thing I liked down there was how nice the people are and how cute those country girls are (man they can cook), at least they have to come to you to by popcorn so you should have some fun with that, I ended up jamming a local band down there and sucked down some brews, had a blast, now you can buy more bass gear. peace