Gotta Love Bass NW!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Brendan, Dec 12, 2000.

1. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    My Ibanez BTB1005 is $1200 at GC and, but good ol BNW quoted me at only..$750!!! Yeah! That's roughy 300 less after tax and S&H...awesome!
  2. yeah, they really really are great. I got my Eden d-4x10xlt for $850 (about $900 after shipping) when everywhere else quote the cab at around $950-$999. saved a ton. also got a used WT-800 (2 yrs. very mint cond. ) for $999, where if at GC, they'd probly price it well over that amount. You should really meet the guys working there, very very nice guys. Also, the best thing about demoing equipment there is that they try to get it so only one person it trying out an amp at a time, so that you can hear yourself play, and if your trying out a bass, they've got practice rooms you can go into. Exellent service, and shipping.
  3. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    [​IMG] Ditto Dude! BNW is great!
    I'm real happy with that old fretless Ripper I been yakkin' about since Thanksgiving.
    When they talk about "inspection & setup" they ain't kiddin'.
    I mean! The one I got isn't a mongrelized P.O.S. like you see on Ebay.
    Everything looks original, down to the black speed knobs.

"Senior" Member huh?...Does that mean I have to address you as "Mister" Dude? [​IMG]

As long as I'm bein' a wise-a**...Are we takin' the scenic route to a 7 ? Hmmmmmm ? [​IMG]
  4. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Yes, there has been a Yamaha BB1200S neckthru in nice seethru burgundy red for under 400 bucks in their used list for ages. Too bad it would cost nicely to bring it across the puddle. It's not fair! :(
  5. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    What is BNW and how can I contact them?
  6. MJB

Mar 17, 2000
  7. i was going to buy a white thunderbird i saw on there site and when i called about it the guy said he whould hold it but he was unpacking a new thunderbird shipment and i might want to wait two days until the new ones were posted on the web page, to me that is great customer service because i ended up going with a differrent one, very helpful
  8. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Tsal Fair? :confused: (just kidding).
    Check out the inventory here:
    Lotsa' stuff to drool over. Mid-priced and boutique gear. They are a little closer to you.
    "The only Hyperbass on the continent" (?)

Here's another one (UK):

Maybe "Mesa Man" can help you out? He's next door (Sweden).
  9. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    All of the people working there are nice and helpful. I got my American Deluxe Jazz last December from them and drop in occasionally to drool over their nice basses.
  10. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    If someone was looking for a G&L, Bassnw would be the
    place to go. They have a ton of them. Lots of other
    goodies too. NICE web site!
  11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Poop. They gave me the wrong quote. It's now 1069 (tax and S&H included). Eh...that's still lower than the competitors. Still love em! :D
  12. VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    When ever i'm in pioneer square i go to BassNW. There is also a place about 3 blocks away that is called emerald city guitars (thats where i got the cabby). And there is also a cajun restaurant that has music on tuesdays called Creole something.