Gotta love the cheap VBass...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassmonkeee, Nov 12, 2002.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Well, I made the mistake of going to the local MARS last night to see what the deal was with the blowout sale. The only thing I was worried about was finding a Roland VBass for a good price--I was immune to the GAS for any new basses.

Of course, they had one new in box, with the pickup. And, of course, it was a really good price. At first, I was able to resist. But, then, my friend who works there told me "You know, tomorrow night everything will be an additional 10% off."

That did it. I went back out there tonight, and walked out the door with the VBass, and GK-2B pickup for $775 including tax. :D I had considered taking a risk, and waiting to see if the price would drop any more, but with the additional 10%, I thought the price was more than reasonable. Besides--when I went to pick it up, my friend told me someone had been seriously eyeing it this afternoon. So, I would rather grab it at this price than miss it at a better one...

So far, I've got the pickup installed on my US Curbow 5 string, and I'm about halfway through setting it up. I messed with it a bit before I started to adjust the pickup spacing settings, and it sounds pretty damn good so far.

I can't wait to really spend some time with it.

I'm a happy boy. :)
  2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Congrats! Sounds like you got a heck of a deal there! I want to look more into those things. I guess I should just head over to Xush's and spend some time with it. I can afford one now.
  3. :( the v-bass costs 1200 euro over here :( :(
  4. pudgefactor

Mar 28, 2002
    Awesome deal! I just bought on at the Mars in Boston (natick) for dirt cheap because they went
    out of buisness. It was a crazy auction but I didn't
    have to bid against anyone.

I havn't used the COSM stuff much yet. I've mostly been setting up the effects that I like for a
    standard bass. Now that you've posted that cool MP3, it's got me ready to leave work and go set it up!
  5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    You aren't the guy I heard about who won one for less than $400, are you? If so, congratulations! I have a feeling I could have waited another couple of months, and it would have still been there, but a)I didn't want to risk what I knew was already a great deal, and b)I really didn't want to wait another couple of months. :D

Thanks for the "cool" comment. I think the organ sound is great, but I really want to tweak the thing. The expression pedal controlling the speed of the vibrato would work alot better than the Control pad, which is simply on/off.

The V-Bass has definitely opened some new doors in my head.

If you come up with some cool sounds, be sure to post them.
  6. pudgefactor

Mar 28, 2002
    I guess that could be me. I got it for $345 with tax and a 10% auction surcharge. The auctioniers
    announced that all the basses would be next, so all the bass players ran over there to get dibs on what
    they wanted. I sat right next to the Vbass and didn't have to bid against anyone. Pretty cool!

I'll definitely post some stuff once I get the hang of it.