Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Government Spending for Disaster

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Rumzini, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I was just informed by one of my coworkers that her uncle owns/operates a hauling company and has asked her husband if he would like to be hired on immediatly. She says that his company has just been given ten million dollars in their acount, from the government, to begin hauling debris from the disater area. She also stated that each one of his employees will be making 1k a day during said project!!! My first thought is, "Where di I apply?", but then I think, "That sure is a lot of taxpayer money to one person a day!". Of course her and, and especially I, don't know all of the details in this matter. Any trucking/hauling/trash company owners out there? What are your thoughts? Anyone hear of such propositions?

2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Rest Assured, Their will be no wasteful spending by that paragon of efficiency the US goverment, after the Katrina disaster, not a chance! :D

3. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Ya know I've got a CDL to drive said trucks. I guess I could see if I could lump my remaining three weeks of vacation together....$21k in three weeks...hmmm. :meh: