Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gov't Mule & Tom kennedy........new stuff!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jerry, Oct 7, 2003.

1. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    There are a couple very cool bass releases this week.....Gov't Mule double C.D. plus three hour DVD is great!!....Victor Wooten, Will Lee, George Porter, Les Claypool, Jack casady, Paul Jackson and a bunch of others just kickin' booty with the Mule.......Victor's solo is worth the price of admission:bassist:
    Dave Weckl has a double live C.D. with Tom Kennedy soloing on almost every song....standout song is 'Rhythm-A-ling' with a outstanding solo from Tom!!! He also walks his ass off on this album!!! Too much cool stuff this week, I'm still waiting for the new Primus DVD:bassist:

2. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    gov't Mule's the deepest end package arrived today--6 hours of material! I've only made it through the DVD so far--it's awesome! what a great opportunity to see many different basses, bassists and styles of playing and music.

Warren Haynes scares me! He is such a great vocalist, guitaist, songwriter and is the new hardest working man in show business--as evidenced by this 6 hour show, his work with the Allman brothers and throw in Phil Lesh and friends!

Victor & Bernie Worrell cook on Sco-Mule! Paul Jackson and the dirty dozen horns jam Chamaeleon. Warren and Les (playing a Ric w/ the price tag hanging on it?!) get freaky. Pleanty of good blues tunes too w/ sonny landreth and a real nice version of hendrix's voodo chile w/ jack casady on bass(also on the orginal)

This is a new classic

3. jerry

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    The Bernie Worrell solo on Sco-mule is one of the many highlights for me......I just love his playing! Special mention of many to Matt Abts too....he plays great for the whole six hours!!!

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Jerry-
    Where'd you find the Mule DVD?
    I'm not seeing it at any of my usual sources...

5. jerry

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Jim...it's called the 'Deepest End'...two C.D.'s & a DVD. I know Amazon.com has it:cool:

6. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    Man I hate you guys!! I just bought
    Gov't Mule's Deepest End AND Dave Weckl's
    Perpetual Motion today.
    Now I gotta get the Weckl live DVD and
    the live Rush DVD!!
    :D :D ;)
    Dan

7. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Well, i ordered the Deepest end package a couple days ago right after i read this thread. It came yesterday. Now i previously never even hear about Gov't Mule. But DAMN!!!! The guys are FREAKIN' amazing :eek: . I was so happy that i just risked it and ordered the Pack. The DVD alone is worth more than i paid for the whole thing. And the Guitarist, Warren Haynes, was simply amazing. The whole band was! I love the drummers playing style and the band as a whole is just crazy. Thanks alot jerry for bringing this to my attention. Its a really good DVD and i enjoyed it thoroughly. What an amazing concert. Truly a lesson in musicianship. :D

8. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Jerry, Jerry, Jerry :D

As always, thanks for the updatesd

(in case you are wondering, the audiofile imports thread is about my order with that new Dave Weckl CD and the New/Old ARU album - just released)

guys, don't forget the MeShell N'Degeocello (sp?) was released this week as well.

i need to go get the new Mule CD.

BTW, I got the Tower of Power DVD in the mail last night (not for AImports) and it was OK. I also got the Allman Bros Live at the Beacon - THAT ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!

;) :D

9. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    Man, you know it rocks when even the swiss get excited!:D try the allman brothers band Beacon DVD, it smokes too!

10. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I bought it last week, and you're right. Oteil was amazing, and Warren and Derek are great guitar players. What a great band! I've been a fan since the '70s, and this is the best lineup since Duane died, IMO.

11. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    just got the dave weckl live cd's and it rips. im still pissed that i forgot to go to that show when they recorded it.

i hadnt heard tom's fodera with the non-standard pickup spacing before. i really like it. its kind of music man'ish.

12. TravellinMan

TravellinMan

Jan 11, 2003
    NW Indiana
    You can get Mule's Deepest end at Best Buy, I think I payed $25!

Take care
    TM

13. victobass

victobass

Nov 27, 2003
    Florida,USA
    It's great to see more and more people groovin' to the Mule!
    I've been a fan from the beginning and even though I was extremely bummed when Woody died, they just seem to keep getting better.