Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Coutts_is_god, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    So far: The opening was great until the end where they all truned into mud.

Jammie Fox and the Alica Keys was pretty cool.

Green day winning best rock. I'm sorry but I'm just mad.
  2. Give up.

Modern music is 99% shiite.
  3. Tschomotsche

Feb 13, 2005
    palo alto
    Thank you. I got scolded when I said that on musicianforums, so now I'm a TalkBass guy.
  4. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    "Oh boy! An Award!...ohhhh, it's a Grammy"

My feelings exactly.

There's usually one or two worthwhile albums up for Grammy's, usually they don't win. I didn't watch them, did Kanye West win any? "College Dropout" was a good album, but I could name at least 15 other albums more deserving of a Grammy than that one. De La Soul's new one, for example.
  5. I don't think Neil Peart won. So that sucks.
  6. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Did you see the Country Rock Jam? Absolutely horrible. Why don't the old guys stay home. Jennifer Lopez was horrid, flat (not in key) as all hell. People need to get back to performing soon before all music is ruined.
  7. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Wow, every post yet has been about how much they didn't like the show. Los Lonely Boys won, and thats good. I also liked ABB's performance.
  8. Hey, Pino Palladino was on the Grammys! He was playing his P-bass on John Mayer's performance of "Daughters," which won "Song of the Year."
  9. I was going to post the same thing. That was the highlight of the show for me. I don't understand how he takes a song as basic as daughters and puts such a smokin' bassline to it! I love Pino's lines!

Also, I don't know who the band was for the Usher/James Brown spot, but they were on point! The drummer and bass player were tearing it up! Was that the house band?

ALSO, PLEASE EXPLAIN SOMETHING TO ME! I am almost 30 years old, and I don't understand the difference between "Song of The Year" and "Record of The Year"!!!????!!!!
  10. "Song of the Year" honors the songwriter.
    "Record of the Year" honors the producer.
    I wondered about that one for a long time, too.
  11. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    They really built up that "all-star choir tsunami song" which just plain sucked..I mean not the song itself of course...

brad cook
  12. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Dead people should be void from winning.
  13. J-Lo is going to ruin Mark Anthony's career, if it's not already ruined. Did you guys hear the "booing" in the middle of their song? PINO IS THE MAN, that made the show, IMO. Remember, these are all just my opinion.
  14. giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
    I thought the production was pretty poor. I literally could not watch the entire Southern Rock performance it was that bad.

Queen Latifa could not have been more on point when she said something along the line that people are going to be talking tomorrow about the next 15 minutes of the show. That is when Lopez/Anthony sang followed by the Southern Rock performance. It has been talked about all right, but in a negative light.

Although I not a huge fan of Alicia Keyes singing style, I have to say she is pretty hot.
  15. Did Nickelback or Slipknot win anything?
  16. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

Um. No?
  17. They weren't even nominated for anything!
  18. GnRDuff1

Oct 15, 2004

Who wouldn't be pissed? Velvet Revolver, baby! I mean, Nickelback kinda is repetitive, and Slipknot...well, i just don't like 'em.

VELVET REVOLVER...GUNS N' ROSES WITH A MEDIOCRE SINGER! How much better can you get? Oh yeah, GUNS N' ROSES! Velvet Revolver is seriously the only band that deserves any recognition of the past 2 years imo...My opinion is mine, but i will express it until I'm blue in the face. I mean...Green Day sucks...NO TALENT ON ANY INSTRUMENT! Drums: suck
    Bass: sucks
  19. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    A vast underestimation. I'd say more like 99.999999% shiite.
  20. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada

Oh, so you wanted the killers to win to?

I kid, I wanted VR to win.