Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Grammy Week

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by lowendforlife, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Hey all...
    Just wondering if anyone will be around LA for Grammy week this year? I'm heading out to play with the Gibson/Baldwin Grammy Jazz Ensembles and we have a couple of public gigs. I believe we're at the Vic in Santa Monica next monday evening if anyone's interested...

2. Farin

Farin

Oct 19, 2004
    Akron, Ohio
    Sounds like a blast. I won't be out there, but my girlfriend will be. I'll let her know. I wish I could get off school to make a trip out there. I love LA.

3. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Were you selected to be in the band? If so, congratulations are in order. Very competitive and generally very good musicians.

4. I was indeed. This is my second year, and both last year and this year I was selected to the combo (piano trio), which is great because we do all of our own arranging and really get a chance to stretch out. Thanks for the kind words! :) I'll be sure to post some "bootlegs" when I get home next week.

5. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    I saw last years group on the BETjazz station. The piano player Victor Gould was incredible. I understand he received a full scholarship to Berklee. I thought the bass player was a student at the Houston school for performing arts. Must be another one.