Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gran Turismo 2 Bass?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Tom Crofts, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Who plays the bass in some of the little interludes and stuff in GT2? Like the bits just after you finish a race it does a cool little slap riff. Actually it's kinda cool n jazzy all the way through...

2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I dont know if there is any way you could find out DIRECTLY who played it, but if you look at the credits on the main screen (with north, south, east west city ect ect), if you look at music director you might get a small idea. Or you could email nintendo and ask them if your REALLY desperate. Or, even still, figure it out yourself:eek: ;) :p

3. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    i second the email to the maker of the game

4. nintendo? think you mean playstation

5. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Yeah thats the one!;) :p

6. Polyphony Digital to be exact :D

I doubt whoever played the bass on that got any credit seeing as it was such a bit part. Then again... most video games only have one or two musicians working on them. GT2 got bands to provide to their soundtrack, and sometimes Square and others get orchestras and stuff to perform for them, but aside from that.....so yeah....do what they said.

WOO!! Video game music rules!

7. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    OYSTERMAN! oh Mr. OYSTERMAN!! where art thou?

:D :D

8. Heh..I ripped that little riff off and threw it in a song as an interlude. But I'm no longer w/ that band. Shhhhh. Don't tell polyphony :)