Gran Turismo 4 release date set

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SuperDuck, Feb 3, 2005.

1. I'll believe it when it arrives.
  2. waiting for this game and ace combat 5
  3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Agreed, I heard December; then February. Yesterday I went to see if it came out when I was told it would (Feb 2). The dude at EB Games said the release date is now in April.
  4. Yeah I remember hearing "This december it will be out" and it was around 2003.
  5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Honestly, I not worried about it. I actually hope it doesn't come out before April; semester will be close to over by then. Less studing = More playing time.

I got totally insane with GT3, I beat everything but a few races in the Professional series (which were ridiculously long; 5 hours+). I had the Suzuki rally car setup as a drag car that would do a 4 second quarter mile; absolutely useless for anything else. Good times. :D
  6. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I'll believe it when I got it...
  7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Man, I hope so. My girlfriend and I are both addicted to Katamari Damacy. :meh: I need something to break the habit.
  8. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
  9. Funny, it's been out in the Asian market for quite some time now. My friend "finally" got it in Hong Kong 2 days ago, and he's been having a blast with it.

I'm still waiting for my copy to come in the mail courtesy of my girlfriend. :p
  10. Well, at least they spent time perfecting the game, not just forcing out a mediocre product.
  11. troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    Got it tonight.

Anyone else playing yet? I didn't even know it was out until a buddy mentioned it. Was already on my way to Frys for something else...

It seems good enough. Lots more to do, and the layout takes some getting used to. I only just got started with career mode. Transferring over licenses and 100k from gt3 data helped kick start that.

I'm gonna play some arcade mode for a bit to try some other cars/tracks.

12. I hear the time penalties in rally and other modes are among the most annoying things ever. Sounds like a hair puller to me. :meh:
  13. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    The rally penalties are annoying, but I like them - they force you into running a good, clean race. A lot harder, but much more satisfying than just bouncing off the walls.

Anyone think this one feels faster than GT3? The narrow track widths really help with the illusion of speed. Also, putting the quarter mile test on the small Vegas speedway feels gobs faster than doing it in the big open field with no points of reference.
  14. Tis a good game. I was late for work once when I was playing at a friends house, and I lost track of time.

Happens when the track your on takes 9 minutes for a lap.
  15. GT4 is out already?! Any news TVRs to blast about in? :-D
  16. :rollno:

17. WHAT?! O c'mon, I like TVR. They rule, and Gran Turismo always has a few on it, and usually some new ones! :hyper:
  18. troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    There doesn't appear to be any new ones, but I don't remember checking specifically either.

Doesn't mean there isn't something cool that you can win that isn't listed in the dealers.

19. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    The TVR Speedster was slow on GT3 and the Speed 12 was a tank that had horrible handling.

Why would you want to use them?