Grand Theft Auto III

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    That game should be considered a drug or something... it is amazingly addicting.

I get my friends PS2 while he has my little amp... but he is not getting his ps2 back ever. i am addicted.
  2. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

GTA III sucks, try Vice City.
  3. I like III better than vice city in a few aspects. For one, I like the city feel of liberty city, not the laid back beach thing. And maybe its just me, but the graphics actually seem worse on vice city imo. III also has better "random killing people" fun.

But then again VC has more missions, motorcycles, and alot of added extras.
  4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    He gave me vice city, too.... but the console won't read it for some reason.
  5. bass_is_for_me

Jan 1, 2003
    I like the extras of Vice City but GTA III has better game play and graphics. Maybe I say that because I am use to GTA III.
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    III is soooOoOoO much better than Vice City. The "improved" graphics seem to allow for slower gameplay, I don't know what it is... it just seems slower. Almost everything about III is better... motorcycles would help though.
  7. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    The main problem with Vice City for me would be the fact that there are never more than about five cars on the screen at one time. If it is supposed to be a big city, they really should have made it so there can be enough cars for a traffic jam. I am guessing to save system reasources they lowered the count of the cars, but I really think it takes a lot from the game.
  8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    :rolleyes: Uh, yah, but have you played Super Mario III yet? Tanooki Mario?! Come on now, how can you beat that. I mena, he can turn into a statue :eek:
  9. I was hooked on GTA3 for a long time, but then for some reason lost interest in it. Never have gone back to it either. It just got long and repetitive, but I have a short attention span, so that is probably the main culprit. I have played Vice City, and like it, but mainly because of the motorcycles.:D

10. I had GTA III, but them my dad made me turn it in... :(
  11. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    u just wanna blow up the first car in the line and watch the chain reaction:D
  12. that's not as good as that one stage where mario can get in the big green boot. now THAT is some fun.
  13. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000

but it still gets old after some time, im standing there in Catalina's mansion (the last mission) but for some reason im never in the mood for finishing it and also i haven't played it for weeks...

i think im going to trade it for something else
  14. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    GTA III KICKS MAJOR ASS. I've been a hardcore fan since I started playing Grand Theft Auto 1(PC) in '97.
  15. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Oh and I prefer GTA3 Vice City(PS2) as opposed to the liberty city. Liberty City just has that depressed environment as opposed to Vice City. I like the fact that I can ride the scooter on Vice City too and that nice 4 wheeler. I forgot what its called but it has big tyres and it looks very space-edgy.
  16. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    Yes I do. :D ;)

Also it can be a pain when you want to steal a car during a pursuit, and there are none insight.
  17. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    I used to that alot when I played GTA 1. Id drive a car to the train platform and park it on the railway, making sure that i jump out quick enough so that I won't get electrocuted) and I'd proceed on to steal more cars and lining them up on the was really fun..and it was interesting to see the oncoming train trying to knock the cars out of its way.
  18. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    My friends and I (Playing GTA 1 for the computer) found this one place where the cars would stay even after you parked them and left the area, no matter how many you had parked there. So we would basically set up a chop shot at this one spot, with every car in the game. It was a blast. We would try and get every car, in prestene condition too.
  19. Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    I think Vice City Rocks!

Definitely was an addiction when I first bought it.

Did you know you can solicite love on the streets? ;)
  20. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Dude, like, go to the white cube on level 3(?) and hold down, and you like, drop to the backround, and you run to the end, and you like, get a warp wistle, then, if you save it(the warp thing), like, go to the first castle and go till your outside the bosses door, then like run real fast and fly all the way to the top, then go right,,, then keep going and press up and you get the warp wistle number two, and then, if you use them at the same time, you like, get to the last level in a matter of mintues.

(Certified NES dork-head)