Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

graphic EQ instead of knobs

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by soontobedead, Dec 21, 2005.

1. soontobedead

soontobedead

Jul 14, 2005
    hey, guys, have you ever seen a bass with an onboard graphic EQ instead of the bass/mid/treble knob configuration? is this possible for tone dialing? or am i just talking non-sense?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've never seen one. Yes, it's possible, but likely a large pain in the arse.

3. bound

bound

Dec 28, 2003
    Jersey, Baby!
    I guess you could gut a Boss bass EQ pedal and mount the elctronics inside your bass instead of a preamp, if you really wanted to. (joke)
    There's got to be a source for sliders somewhere online. check some electronics parts sites, try Radioshack. just make sure that they're the right resistance to replace the pots.

4. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    The Ovation Magnum II is one. If you search for Ovation Magnum, there are pictures. Magnums 1 and 3 don't have the graphic IIRC.

Marshall

5. my guess is that it might be a bit of a hassle if you accidently push one or two of them...

6. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Yes, I've seen them on the Ovation Magnum. I think you would do better with a high quality treble / bass / variable midrange onboard preamp.

Riis

7. RBrownBass

RBrownBass Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Didn't Godin make an acoustic/electric bass a while back with an L.R. Baggs-style pre that had sliders?

8. ovation magnum IV
    [​IMG]
    Godin A5
    [​IMG]

9. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    There are sliders on my Tacoma in the Fishman Prefix Plus preamp.
    [​IMG]

10. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    Almost all the electroacoustic basses have preamp with sliders. Fishman preamp is a good example.

I had a Godin A4, I must say I'm not fan of sliders on a bass.

11. I noticed the slider thing on a Godin at a local shop... thought it was an excellent idea, but i don't know how practical it would be in a gigging situation where quick adjustments are necessary.

12. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    The Dean B2 USA model was supposed to have them, but I think they've been canceled. :(