graphic or parametric??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ErikKrueger, Sep 19, 2002.

1. i wantto simply know which each of you think is better and why?

thank you all,
  2. you know id kinda like to know too. im still trying to find out the difference between them:p
  3. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

Graphics are easier to use. That is why they are popular in live venues. It is easy to grab a slider and move it, especially if you know your frequencies well.

Parametrics are more precise. You can carefully taylor the filter sound to your needs. You control all three parameters instead of one, (frequency, Q, and cut/boost). Requires careful listening and a good knowledge of filtering systems.
  4. masaru

Aug 8, 2001
    Okinawa, Japan
    Parametric because I prefer knobs to sliders. Stupid reason but that's it...:rolleyes:
  5. Parametric because I am picky about which frequency I affect.
  6. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    I always think of graphic eq's to be something of a nuisance, I usually bypass them if I can on a bass amp. For PA they're useful but not as much for just bass.
  7. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

How's this for non-judgemental??? --- Each of my amp heads has both types and I use them both plus a Sansamp Bass Driver.

But, in dim stage lighting, the graphic makes a lot more sense to me. I think that's one of the main reasons it was developed to begin with - one glance and you know where you're at.