Graphics Equalizer settings

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Spikeh, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

OK - so I've just bought a 300W Trace Elliot 122H with 12 band EQ... a little more than I'm used to (I think I currently have bass, mid and trebble on my current practice amp) and I don't /exactly/ know what the best settings will be to cut through my guitarists / drums.

Could anyone give me any links / explainations of the EQ bands and what each one's for? I've done a search on here and not found anything, and google's not really helping either :| I feel a little embarrased asking this tbh :\
  2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    CHeck out Bruce Gavin's Musician's Reference spreadsheet. There is a link to it in his profile. He does a good job of explaining the various frequency ranges in it.

The band setting you are working in, the room you are playing in, your bass and spseaker cabinets all are factors in how the eq is going to be set. It will change from room to room and musical setting to musical setting. So there is no one answer to your question.

What you have to do is participate by listening and learning to adjust your eq to the musical setting so that you leave space for the other instruments occupying the low end kick drum, bari sax, organ, 7 string guitar, etc AND cut through AND don't create issues for the front of house system.
  3. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

Thanks guys... I'll take a look.
  4. 4x4Given

Jul 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for that link post. Excellent resources!
  5. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

Brilliant, thanks!