Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Graphite bridges - Bob Gollihur, how did it work out?

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by myrick, May 17, 2002.

1. Bob,

In a thread dating from last sept, you were going to put one of these on your Juzek. The thread then got sort of side-tracked onto graphite fingerboards.

Wonder what your experience was with the bridge. I have one sitting around, but would love to hear someone else's result before deciding whether to try it.

(I know, I know, I could always just experiment, but I have more than one instrument, for different uses, and will need to decide which bass it is more suited to.)

Bob? Anybody?

2. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    I still have the graphite bridge on my Juzek. I temporarily installed it using a different set of feet from another adjustable bridge (the type that swivel) just to check it out.

The Juzek bass I have it on sounds very good with it, though the construction isn't friendly to most bass pickups I prefer; I have used one of the K&K Golden Mics on it instead. I found that the bridge added more detail and a little more responsiveness-- mostly it seems to add clarity and a little brightness, which would make it an especially good choice for a darker sounding bass or one that could use some more detail. I plan to install a standard wood bridge one of these days since the Juzek has a detailed and pleasing tone as is, and doesn't really need the benefits of the graphite bridge.

3. interesting . .

As you may recall, I have all your K&Ks. Obviously there's no place to stick the under-wing one on the Moser bridge, but wouldn't the stick-on one still work? (I can never remember which is called which.) I like to use the mic together with the stick-on pickup through a two-channel preamp.

4. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    Yes, the Double Big Twin works with the bridge.