Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Graphite Inlaid Neck!

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by KSB - Ken Smith, Nov 18, 2004.

1. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    Who here has experience with Graphite inlaid necks on Double Basses? I know Arnold has done this on his Basses and We have done it since 1980 on our EBs.

I am interested to hear performance related comments from those that have Graphite inlaid in their Double Bass.

Any other related thoughts, comments or questions are also welcomed here.......

2. Ben Joella

Ben Joella

May 31, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    A teahcer of mine had graphite inlays done to stiffen a very weak DB neck. It not only stiffened the neck, but he said it also added more clarity and response to the bass.

On that same note, has anyone had any experience with the graphite (carbon fiber) DB fingerboards by Moses?

3. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I've got dual carbon fibre rods on my Bass. And some dual humbuckers.

I also got the Black Tiger option with violin corners...

4. KSB - Ken Smith

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Don, catch a few more ZZZssssss and then re-post.. :cool:

5. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Sorry, I couldn;t help it. But the thread does beg the question. OYu wouldb't be asking if you wern't up to something...

I know you Smith...Don't forget that...

6. KSB - Ken Smith

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Well Don and others, I am thinking of having Graphite in the Morelli Neck as it's being converted to a 5-String...

Couldn't hurt !!

7. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    are you going to add morado stripes as well ? All kidding aside it sounds like a good idea.