Graphtech Ghost Piezo Installation

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by JLW, Apr 10, 2017.

1. JLW

JLW

Dec 5, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Hey guys

I'm building a piezo-only bass. It's my first ever bass build (link here in case you're interested).

Now comes the part that I've been most hesitant about: the wiring. I have no experience with wiring.

Right now I ordered the Ghost Piezo Acousti-phonic system. I bought the one with the volume pot that also has the mid/dark switch. Here's the link:

The way I have it set-up, this will not be paired with any sort of magnetic pickup (at least for now).

I found the instructions online here, but all of these wiring diagrams show them combined with a magnetic pickup with the extra wiring for that.

Can anyone help me with setting this thing up? No magnetic pickups, just the piezo. I know nothing about this stuff.

Let me know if you guys need more info in order to help with this. Any input is really appreciated since I'm kind of in the dark on how to do any of this stuff.

2. Just don't connect anything to the magnetic input.

3. JLW

JLW

Dec 5, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Is this the diagram I should be following, minus anything related to the magnetic pickup?

Also, I wonder whose bright cost-saving idea it was to print a color-coded diagram in black and white... Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 4.26.18 PM.png

4. I presume the "summing board" is just putting outputs from all the saddles in parallel, is that the case? I bought the saddles without the preamp (I didn't actually know there was a preamp). I bought a Bartolini buffer to pair with it.