GraphTech piezo saddles

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by RyreInc, Sep 19, 2006.

1. RyreInc

RyreInc

May 11, 2006
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I'm thinking about getting the piezo saddles from GraphTech for my Carvin B5, and there are 2 issues I need to resolve.

The first is, can these saddles be flipped upside down and work the same? My bridge has some of the screws to the left of the string, and some to the right, while the GraphTech ones seem to be all to right. They look flippable, but I cannot tell with certainty. The piezo wire might come out of the bottom of the saddles, I can't tell from any pictures.

Secondly, My string spacing is 17mm, while these saddles are 15.9mm. Would this be an issue? Would I need shims in between the saddles?

Thanks for your help!

2. jointus

jointus

Sep 20, 2003
    SATX
    The wires on the piezo saddles on my LB75PF come out of the bottom. I would assume that it is the same for the Graphtech saddles.

3. RyreInc

RyreInc

May 11, 2006
    Kalamazoo, MI
    They apparently have two different saddle widths to offer, 15.4mm and 19mm.

I doubt I could shave off 2mm on each saddle, so I would probably need shims with the skinnier saddles.

I still need an answer to the 'flippability' of the saddles BTW

thanks!

4. jointus

jointus

Sep 20, 2003
    SATX
    I really don't think that they would be flippable.
    It sounds like you should just buy the whole bridge assembly with the piezo saddles.

5. RyreInc

RyreInc

May 11, 2006
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I considered this, but there is no option for a string through design, which my current bridge has. The string spacing would still be an issue, too.

I might just try the cheap Radio Shack piezo option, see how that sounds first.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021