1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Graston Technique for carpal tunnel, tendonosis, tennis elbow, etc.

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by The Claude, Mar 23, 2009.

1. The Claude

The Claude

Jan 15, 2005
    Fairfield County, Connecticut
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Basses, Lakland Basses, Genz Benz
    I did a search and saw that there were no threads I found on the Graston technique so I wanted to post here to see if anyone else has used the Graston technique to heal any soft tissue/muscle/tendon injuries.

For those of you that are unfamiliar with the Graston technique check their site out here www.grastontechnique.com. You can also find a few videos on youtube of people having it done if you are interested.

My own symptoms have been mild forearm/wrist tightness and tightness in my right thumb, and some tightness in my neck/trap area where I wear my strap. This technique really has been amazing and after 4 sessions my symptoms are pretty much gone at this point. The guy I have been seeing teaches this technique around the country and has resolved many once thought to be chronic tendon and muscle issues in a matter of weeks!

I'd be happy to answer any questions on my experience with this and would love to hear if anyone else has had this done and what his/her experience was like. :cool:

2. jab

jab

Feb 18, 2007
    kenosha wi 53143
    frst time i've heard of it sounds good i've developed tennis elbow in my plucking arm thanks jab

3. powerbass

powerbass

Nov 2, 2006
    western MA
    I saw a demonstration of this technique and I have a friend who received the treatment for a leg condition. It can be an effective "tool" for what you describe. Breaking up adhesions within the connective tissue on the forearm/hand can be very beneficial especially for those folks who don't stretch or do corrective exercise/recovery work maintaining their body. Thanks for posting this.

4. Fetzu

Fetzu

Sep 6, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Thanks for posting this. I have major scar tissue in my left shoulder area from a surgery 12 years ago. Though I go for weekly messages, there is an extreme amount of tightness in that area. I will look into this, especially that there is a location 5 minutes from my house.

5. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Thanks for posting this. I have had a pinched radial nerve in my right arm for the last 2 weeks and it isn't getting any better.

My right hand is basically paralyzed and my bass technique is down to just my index finger (I have limited movement in my fingers).

I will try anything at this point!