Grateful Dead fans...i need some help...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by relman, Feb 14, 2002.

1. one of my teachers recommended me a Grateful Dead song...i forgot the title but i do know that it is like 18 minutes long...anyone know which tune she's talking about?????
  2. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    After the first minute, it's all the same! :)
  3. Dark Star? Could be a longer version of terrapin station....there were more than a few dead songs that lasted 18 minutes + on you remember any other details?
  4. all the same after the first minute? must be thinking of someone else...or have never really listened to the dead...
  5. well...the name slips my mind...but i'm sure it wasn't terrapin station or black star...the studio version was 18 mins long...
  6. bump-ety bump....

7. hmm...i think i may have to ask that teacher again...the title was something with "life" in it...
  8. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    life is peachy... wait second, that korn nevermind:p :D
  9. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    You may be trying to come up with "Lady with a fan". It's the 1st song on the 2nd side of terrapin station. It's part of a multiple song concept that's around 14 minutes long. Some of the Dead's best work. If you're looking for a first dead album, terrapin's the one. And, get yourself some bootlegs for gods sake. You have to get a feel for what a Dead show was like to fully appreciate them.