Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

gravity - our lady peace

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by rocking 4 life, Jun 18, 2002.

1. it came out today, is it any good?

2. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I just bought it today. I'm not quite sure what to think of it after the first couple of listens. I like a few songs almost immediately, but a few just seem kind of strange for OLP.
    I've been a fan for about two years now and have all of their albums. This album sounds more like "Naveed" than anything else, it's definately NOT "Happiness..." I guess that has more to do with Bob Rock on production than anything else. Who knows, maybe the more "rock" sound will finally allow them to break into the US mainstream (then I wouldn't get as many blank stares at school when people look through my CD's :rolleyes: ).

3. my favorite cd from them is happiness.. maybe gravity isn't me..

4. xax712

xax712

Dec 25, 2001
    Northwest Arkansas
    I got it Tuesday and have recommended it to everybody I know. If you get it before Saturday it's on sale. Hey it's a solid CD. You owe it to yourself to at least give it a listen. It's not like thier old Cd's straight across the board, but if it were why would we buy it it wouldn't be new and better. Change is good, even the subtle ones. OLP has a great album out so go get it.
    Brad