Greasebucket Tone circuit.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Earthquake, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Earthquake

Earthquake

Dec 19, 2007
    SoCal
    I have a 2006 Hwy One J and I am thinking about rewiring it to the American Standard style. Has anyone done this on this bass and what was your opinion? I can only find threads on the P bass greasebucket conversion. What electronic parts to I need to get and can I get them at Radio Shack?

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    it's just re-wiring the tone pot to normal. you already have all the parts in there you need. you're taking the two caps off the tone pot, and just putting the .02 ("223") cap (or maybe it's a .047 {"473"}) where it would normally go.

3. Earthquake

Earthquake

Dec 19, 2007
    SoCal
    That's good to know that it's just changing the wiring. I also have a Squier VM J. Does this one have the same wiring style as the American standard so I could use it as a guide and copy the wiring?

4. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm about to do the same thing. Does anybody have some clear (for a dummy with a soldering iron) instructions for this procedure? Or can somebody direct me to the appropriate thread? My search-fu has been weak on this subject. ;)

Cheers,
    Chris

5. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Nevermind... Found it... Search-FU! :ninja:

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021