1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Great and Rare Basses for Sale Feeler

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rogerbmiller, Apr 14, 2010.

1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    This is a feeler thread as I am travelling and not back home until the weekend to take photos and put up FS posts.

I have several basses for sale. Most are very rare and very high quality. These are the basses, general descriptions and prices I was thinking. I would love to gauge the general level of interest so PM me if you are interested. I do have limited photos of these in my PC and can email them to you if you send me a PM. But it is my intention to properly photograph these basses and put up individual FS threads:

1) Fender Jazz Plus (Kubicki Electronics and Lace Sensor pickups) Circa 1990- Black and lined fretless. Very clean. Super fast neck. Makes the Geddy's feel clunky. In original hard case with some paperwork. $850 shipped. Full post can now be found here: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9027190#post9027190

2) Warwick Fortress Masterman 5- Purple stain with Gold hardware and all wenge neck. Very clean with some wear on the knobs. $950shipped in a gig bag. Full listing now here: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650509&highlight=

3) Musicman Stingray circa 1995 with oversized "transition" bridge. No string mutes as they were not installed in the trans models but you can find them on ebay or buy em from Ernie Ball and put them on. Very clean. Natural finish with black guard. NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

4) Musicman SUB 4 string- Black. Active. Very clean save for some slight wear on the headstock as is common on these. Great tone. Will ship in a beaten but very functional hard case for $575. Listing is here http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9023229#post9023229

5) Heartfield DR6C Neck Through- Some dings on and around the body but due to the thick and natural finish, not so noticeable. There is one long piece of wood that splintered off the body near the control cavity. Otherwise a beauty. One truss rod on this model. Canary Top wood. Original hard case with some slight warping on the top but fully functional. The bass sounds like a dream, and plays like one with great mids. Easily of Ken Smith and high end botique quality. I may not be able to part with this one but for now thinking $850 shipped in the hard case. Link to full posting is now here: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650500&highlight=

6) Epiphone Thunderbird Made in Korea with OHSC - Great player great build quality. One ding on the front and a finish crack by the neck joint that will be well photographed. Not sure if I can part with this either because it is such a riot for the dollars but would ask $275 shipped in the HSC.

Of course, all best offers would be considered as well as very appealing trades but I am mostly looking for cash here. And all prices are shipped to CONUS only. International TB-er please contact me first to see if an international sale is feasible and if so we can work together on a revised price to cover extra shipping costs.

Again I have some pics with me so PM if there is interest and I will follow up with top quality images when I am back home.

Thanks.

RBM

2. samt

samt

Mar 29, 2008
    Arkansas
    Any pics on the DR6?

3. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    I might. PM me wtih your email and I will send what I can find.

Thanks.

4. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    2-band or 3-band eq on the stingray? Thanks!

5. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Embarrassed to say I can't remember! I think it is a 3 though. Will let you know for sure tomorrow as the bass is in my office I realized.

6. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Just added a possible Epi made in Korea / MIK Thunderbird wtih OHSC to the listing. I start snapping tomorrow. All PM's returned and those pics that I do have were send by request...

7. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Bump for the SUB listing link. Also the Stingray is no longer available for sale. More listing coming soon. Thanks.

8. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Just added links for the Heartfield and Warwick listings. Will get to the Epi and the Fender Kubicki Jazz fretless tomorrow. Sorry for the delays folks. I have been bedridden with fever for the past 4 days.

9. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Link to classifieds listing for Fender Jazz Plus now above in the opening thread. Thanks!