Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GREAT BOOK ABOUT JAZZ BASSISTS

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Nuno A., Feb 3, 2002.

1. Nuno A.

Nuno A. Velvet Strings Customer Service

Jul 9, 2001
    SWITZERLAND
    Hello everybody!!!
    Just to say that i just finished reading a great book that i'm sure all double bass players will enjoy.
    its called "DEEP DOWN IN MUSIC- THE ART OF THE GREAT JAZZ BASSISTS" AUTHOR-LESLIE GOURSE
    since the bass pioneers,new orleans bass players, swing, bebop,theres a lot of information and cool stories.
    POPS FOSTER,JIMMY BLANTON,SLAM STEWART,MILT HINTON,WALTER PAGE,OSCAR PETTIFORD,RAY BROWN, RON CARTER,MINGUS...
    IT COVERS THE BASSISTS SINCE THE 20'S UNTIL NOWADAYS AND THE BIG NAMES WHO BECAME FAMOUS OR CONTRIBUTED IN ANY WAY TO THE STORY OF OUR LOVED INSTRUMENT.
    I really recomend this book, i bought mine on e-bay but i'm sure it wont be so hard to find.
    enjoy it......

NUNO ALEXANDRE

2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Very cool. But -- is it cruel to print a book for bassists, when everyone know that bassists can't read?

3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Er,... I think that joke would have been funnier up on the BG boards. On the other hand, if you'd posted it up there, who would have understood it?

Unless of course you posted it in TAB......