1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Great craigslist ad!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lamborghini98, Apr 4, 2006.

1. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I was looking for a new bass amp, and being the pathetic loser I can sometimes be.. I was checking ebay, craigslist and bassgear every 5 minutes. Well.. it paid off.
    http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/msg/148282979.html
    I feel like this lacks legitimacy...
    can anyone identify that head?

2. yeah, the head is an SWR 350X. Snatch that up if it's forreal and everything works.

3. Dan T.

Dan T.

May 9, 2005
    Minneapolis
    he's a fool if he let's it go for that, though it'd be the deal of the century for you if it happens. that amp is the swr 350x, i use to own it's big brother the 750x, good amp, wasn't my cup of tea but i'll bet that pair sounds great!

4. throw_this_away

throw_this_away

Mar 30, 2006
    I'm sure he will get plenty of offers now...

5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Yup.

Craigs list is a great place to buy stolen gear cheap.

Enjoy.

6. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Agreed, gotta be hot for that money! It's not like it's some old gear somebody pulled out of a closet and has no idea what it's worth. The person selling it payed prob 3x more for it. I doubt he'd be taking that much of a loss on it. Nobody I know would...

7. I'd be willing to bet it's stolen, though I'm puzzled why he'd put a picture of it on there, and try to sell it as a package...
    If my rig was stolen and I saw it on CL, I'd respond for immediate pickup, and bring my Louisville Slugger.:mad:

There was a Mackie PA on CL in Denver this week, a nice one, for $300. It was supposedly brand new in the box...must have "fallen off the truck.":eyebrow:
    C7

8. Daytona955i

Daytona955i

Feb 17, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I see other bass gear behind it, maybe the guy just needs money real fast and doesn't need it.

9. He could just need the money RIGHT NOW! Eviction notices will do that to people, lol.

A while back I bought a Zon Sonus off a guy for $700 bucks - he likely could have gotten $1400 for it if he had time to wait for the right buyer (he didn't). It wasn't stolen, he had a ton of other very nice gear (was definitely a player not some thug) he just needed the money fast.

Best of luck!

10. flash99

flash99

Jun 8, 2005
    New York City
    I just e-mailed him out of curiosity - he's raised the price to $425 now.

11. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    still a bargain

assuming it's not stolen

12. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    And Ebay is a good place to have your money stolen:)

13. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    definitely grab the whole setup for that price.

14. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

Only if you're not careful. I've been using eBay for 8 years, including working for 2 businesses that sold on ebay.

To date, I've never had a deal go bad in thousands.

15. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    My first thought was "junkie." Stolen may be right. If the guy seems at all decent though, and just like he needs the cash, I'd jump on that in a heartbeat.