1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Great Customer Service from Pyramid Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bherman, Mar 22, 2013.

1. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    Hi all - just wanted to tip my hat to Pyramid for really great customer service. I have a set of Pyramid Gold flats on my P-bass, and love them (best ever flats, IMO); I contacted them (via email) about my e string going somewhat dead prematurely. I asked if there was a US supplier to purchase single strings (they are made in Germany).Without any further ado, they sent me a complete set of replacement strings at no charge!

For the sake of anyone who doesn't know these strings, they are nickel flatwounds with a beautiful, buttery feel (don't know how else to describe them) and a rich, full tone that is not "thuddy" like so many of the old-school flats.

They are pricey (think $70 - like TI's) but with a very long life. If you are into this sound, I highly recommend them. And the company backs their products 110%, which is worth alot to me.

2. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    That's always good to hear. Especially for a $70 set of strings.

3. gary m

gary m

Jan 17, 2011
    Mid -Atlantic
    Pyramids are worth every penny, and customer service such as you describe is priceless. Kudos to a company that goes above and beyond in its support of musicians.

4. Blues56

Blues56

Oct 27, 2012
    NJ
    I agree. Excellent strings and great customer service. I needed custom length strings and Max Junger had the exact size strings in stock. Cost me $59. Yes, the E string was somewhat dead in the beginning but is getting a better tone as it ages.

5. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I have some on my Hofner good to know they stand behind them.

6. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Sounds good! Yes Pyramid strings are awesome.. But how is it possible that Musik Schneider can sell them for about 40 % less if their website says about 60 Euro? (approx. 70 dollar)

7. gary m

gary m

Jan 17, 2011
    Mid -Atlantic
    Pyramid flatwound bass string sets cost about $53 USD at www.stringsandbeyond.com. For guitarists the round core Nickel Classics are a steal at $9.50.

8. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    Great price, thx!

9. gary m

gary m

Jan 17, 2011
    Mid -Atlantic
    No prob, enjoy!

10. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I hope mine last they aren't cheap.

11. u84six

u84six Nobody panic, the bass player is here! Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2006
    US
    I've had some problems with these strings in the past, and their customer service replaced everything for free. Awesome company and by far some of the best flats you can get.

I get mine at Strings And Beyond. I have't found a dealer with better prices:

http://www.stringsandbeyond.com/pyr-bass-long.html