1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Great Customer Service Stories

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by petrus61, Mar 8, 2013.

1. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

So after breaking a G on my new TI's during the winding and experiencing pronto service from Jason at BSO, I was surprised to find a brand new set of Thomastik Jazz Flats on my doorstep this morning. I had written Thomastik just to notify them in case others also had a problem recently. They directed me to their US distributor. I hadn't even contacted them to file a claim or anything and lo and behold, they sent me a brand new set...no questions asked (and these strings fetch almost $70 a set).

Now THAT is customer service! What are some good experiences you've had with companies regarding bass?

2. Amazon a few times but a few years ago they had a G&L L-2000 bass pictured for sale for $300 and I bought it. The ad turned out to be a guitar & the picture was wrong. I was able to return it twice. Both times I told them I'd ordered a bass and they sent the guitar again and refunded my money the second time. Everyone I talked to was super nice and responsive and helpful.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Back when I played LaBella's, I was an idiot and cut the G-string short. Emailed them to see if I could order a single, and they sent one out pronto!