Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Great deal on a GK 1001RB-II/210. Should I?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Badmuthaplucka, Jul 10, 2004.

1. Badmuthaplucka

Badmuthaplucka Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Tucson, Az.
    So I found a great deal on this combo ($499 new!:hyper: ). I was orginaly looking at this amp as a candiate for an amp for my two ampeg portabass 1x12's. It is slightly out of my price range, but not imposible. This seems like a good deal, but I have some questions.

1. If I were to remove the 1001RB-II would that void the warrentee?

2. Has the reliabilty on these newer amps been improved?

Tone wise, when I was messing with it seemed to be promising. So should I? :confused:

2. Badmuthaplucka

Apr 19, 2004
    Tucson, Az.
    Thanks!
    Bump!

3. Badmuthaplucka

Apr 19, 2004
    Tucson, Az.
  4. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    YEAH you should buy it -- that's $150 less than I paid for the head alone!

Not sure about the warantee -- it shouldn't, but I would PM Daniel Elliot to be sure. Is it used? If so, I would also find out if the warantee is transferable.

5. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    Sorry, should've read your post better the first time -- I would definitely buy it for $499 new, ask Dan about the warantee, and yes I think the reliability of the RB II's is much better than the first series. Even with the older versions, the only problem seemed to be some bad soldering, which is an easy fix.

Cheers,
    Aram

6. Badmuthaplucka

Apr 19, 2004
    Tucson, Az.
    It's a demo/floor model so it's still come with a warrentee. But I really just need the head. I already have my two ampeg cabs.

7. If you took the head out of the cabinet, you will need to get a cover, feet and rack ears for it.

8. Badmuthaplucka

Apr 19, 2004
    Tucson, Az.
    So what you are saying is that it is possible, but would doing that void the warrentee?