1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Great end to a crappy week...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stinsok, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Lookey what I got today. About as good as you can get without being NOS.

2. Wow. Nice! I always think of Ross Valory when I see one of those. Great score!

3. I think of the Partridge Family, they played Ovation instruments on the TV show.

Congrats!

4. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

The headstock is goofy looking on a bass... but I would love to hear how it sounds!

5. Sorry but that was back before my instrument hoarding days. :D

6. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    It weighs 11-12lbs. The TB'er I got it from said he couldn't play it all night because of back problems. I can see why. I have read some people describe the scale as 36'' or extra long. It is indeed a 34'' scale, but because of it's shape you have to extend your left arm a lot (much like an Ibanez AB140.) The body looks like someone let a P-bass get too hot and it got stretched.

Descriptions of the tone that I read here are dead on. It's a cross between an EB-0 and a Ric with no mud. If you pluck the strings at the neck you get a pretty nice faux upright tone. It seems like it's a machine designed to manufacture bass tones rather than a musical instrument but I like it!