Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Great experience ever

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by superfreak, Sep 23, 2002.

1. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    I have a five year old, and I am a single mother...She started Kindergarden this year. Anywho, I didn't have to work today, and this was the first time I sent my child off to school. I watched her get on the bus and drive away from me. I guess it wasn't exciting but more so of a humbling experience. My child is growing up faster than I want her too...Sorry, I probably shouldn't have posted, but this was a new experience for me and I wanted to share. Peace

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I feel really happy for you - and I'm glad you enjoyed the experience.

My 3 year old son (he'll be 4 in December) started nursery (I guess that's what we call it) last Thursday - my wife and I split up about 3 months ago, and she asked me not to come. I found it quite hard.

You'll know exactly what I've just missed!

3. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    That is just an experience no parent should ever miss. You are still part of that childs life, no reason for her not to ask you not to come. best of luck to you.

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    My son's the greatest thing that ever happened to me. He just started college.

Enjoy.

5. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Congratulations. That's a day I'm praying I get to see. :)

6. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    My baby is 27, finished college, and married. Yep, they grow up fast.

7. basslax

basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    im really looking foward to having kids actually..

8. my mom has a videotape of the first time i rode away on the bus. i had this teddy bear backpack, i was so darn cute. i probably got beat up for that.

9. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Its nice to hear...ehm...I mean read that people actually want children. I never did, until I got pregnant w/mine...no regrets...and watching them sleep, you can almost see them as angels...until they wake up...hehehehe

10. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    aww everyones getting mushy!!

My folks have a picture of me, the first day of every school year. She took them to her job and said "these are my 8 boys". I think she got a few weird looks.

Aww you guys are making me want kids now!!

11. I feel for ya. I joined the Army when my son was 2. Six months after my son's 3rd birthday my (ex)wife left Hawaii (where I was stationed) and took my son back home. He's now 6 and I just left that god forsaken rock 3 weeks ago. I have missed so much. Missed his starting school, every birthday and holiday for 3 years, and, most depressingly, the opportunity to watch him grow into the little smart @$$ (I'm so proud! :D )he is now.

12. Johnny BoomBoom

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

I'mvery much a part of his life which is cool, my ex is just angry and bitter and lashing out in the best ways she can work out just now.

And thanks for the luck, I may need it:)

13. Johnny BoomBoom

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

I'm sorry to hear that, hopefully you'll make up for lost time - you guys have a bit of catchin up to do!! I hope that you get to have the relationship with your son that you deserve now.

I hope I keep getting to have mine too!:)

14. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Not a problem, "I'm here till Thursday" as you all put it. Anywho, being a female, I know not to put a child in the middle of anger. To be honest, I never really had too. I kicked her real father out of the house, let him know that anytime he wants to see her, he is welcome. Only supervised visits though (He was an a$$hole...if you can catch the drift). That was around four years ago. Haven't heard from him. I guess I was lucky. Now I am dating a wonderful computer/bass playing geek who took my daughter and made her his. When they are together, they are insepearble. Not very men out there will do that. I got lucky. Chin up buckaroo, times may be a changin'!

15. We do, indeed. One thing was nice, though.. The weekend that I got back I picked him up from his mother's house (she and I are actually better friends now than before or during our marriage, luckily) and we sat down to watch a movie.. When I put the video in he acted like I hadn't been gone a day. Guess it helps that we both share a love of Star Wars that rises to the level of geekdom. :) (again, I'm so proud!)