1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Great gig at the Whiskey last night

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by BassistJ, Mar 21, 2002.

1. BassistJ

BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    My band, through the promoter we're working with, managed to get a gig at the world famous Whiskey A Go-Go as a part of the 909 Hell show he puts on every year. Man, what a show. Alot of great bands from the IE (and one from Colton :D ) getting to strut there stuff for the Hollyweird folk. My band went on pretty late for a Wednesday (11 PM) but we got up there and kicked all sorts of butt, even if I do say so myself. We had alot of people leaving the show with a very good impression of us. We also go to do an interview and we're being written up by a couple mags. So, yea, life is good. I wish I could express the feeling of absolute joy better, but I'm still trying to recover. :D

2. Congrats, the Whiskey is a stepping stone to BIG TIME.... Keep us posted on the reviews.

3. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    Good for You!
    Next time, post the gigs in advance so TalkBass
    players could have the chance to come & show support!:D

4. The Whiskey! Awesome! The very same place that the Doors started at and got thrown out of. Very cool!
    Jim

5. Father, i want to kill you...mother....:D

6. :D I hear the owners really dont like those lyrics too much...

7. slade

slade

Apr 5, 2001
    Whiskey's a fun spot- what's the name of your band so I can check you out next time- I'm in Venice Beach