Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GREAT GREAT GREAT AMP COVERS!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LarryJ, Nov 25, 2002.

1. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    Well, they have arrived! I had a custom set of high-quality cordura covers made for my VERY difficult
    to cover Mesa Buster "Wedge" 2x10-(Picture Below)
    I am sorry I don't have a digital camera, because the product I had made by:
    www.undercovernyc.com
    is top-rate 1st quality through and through!
    WHATEVER you need or want, they got you covered!
    (ouch!)
    Really, to even tackle the Buster was enough in that Tuki and LeCover would not-But the fit was supreme, and they took the time to send me a diagram for the 20(!!) different measurements required.
    Note that there were openings required for a telescoping handle on one side and inline wheels on the other, as well as many different angles to consider. They even added a reinforced backing on the rear slope that protects the 6 mighty tubes that light up this beast!! The cover secures with overlapping velcro'ed corners and held on by a velcro strap. Great design & cutting on their part.

I had a cover made for the standard shaped Diesel 1x15, with a pocket added for cables, and they added "Mesa Engineering"
    labels I provided, sewn on the front-fantastic look.
    Please patronize Peter & Kelly if yoiu have need of covers for your amp, rack, head, whatever.
    I cannot imagine better work done, the lead time was quick & the pricing was right-but most of all-
    WOW! Great Job!...BTW...
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE

2. Whats a ball park figure for what you paid for your case(s). I have a Stained Birch Bage End Cabinet that Im almost considering kicking down for an Acme hard case.. but soft cases/covers are much more convenient.

3. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    I paid $90 for the Buster & $80 for the Diesel cab- for their top-end "F1" codura padded covers, with an added hard reinforcement on the back section of the "wedge" amp.
    Your Bag End may be less; they'll be happy to quote I'm sure.
    I have other covers, including Tuki's for my Ampeg;
    I've had LeCover custom fit for a G-K 400RB-
    Although the dernier-specs of Cordura are probably alike, I must say that Undercovernyc has the finest quality cutting, seams, fit I've ever seen.
    How about a Burgundy cover for your cab??
    Excelllllllent!!:D