1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Great idea for shipping pedals!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by CyberSnyder, Dec 22, 2017.

1. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    I ran across this idea of using a flat rate shipping envelope from the post office to expand it into a small box. Based on the dimensions, it should fit most pedals. The amounts listed are out of date, it's currently $6.65 for the large flat rate envelope and $6.95 for the legal (slightly longer) flat rate envelope. State to state, I've paid $7.40 for recent pedal shipments and shipping across country can end up approaching $15. I'm going to try building one of these jigs and see how it works.

Make $4.75 USPS Flat Rate Shipping Box

It could also make International shipping palatable for pedals of higher value. But anyways, this kinda fills the void of shipping pedals flat rate where you don't need the bulk and cost of a medium flat rate box.

2. Give it a try, see if the clerk lets it go through, but.....

"Remember, if they think you have altered the envelope, they may refuse to accept it."

3. twinjet

twinjet Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Hm. Might work for someone who already had these, or access to them. Otherwise you're jumping dollars for dimes. I know I certainly don't ship enough for this to pay for itself, assuming it even worked.

Hope that works for you. In the meantime, I'm going to go ahead and just blow out any pedal box jokes right here and now, because I'm a humorless jerk. ;)