Great interview!

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by DigMe, Nov 25, 2004.

1. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

Really great interview in Bass Player. I thought it was one of the more interesting and intriguing interviews I've read in BP in a while.

I've never really listened to the Minutemen to be honest (it just wasn't something I got exposed to) but when I was at a pretty critical point in my bass development I somehow got a copy of Flyin' the Flannel in my hands (unusual considering I was living in a tiny east Texas town with zero culture) and that definitely figured into the development of my voice.

Anyway...mainly just wanted to compliment the interview. I appreciate your positive, open vibe and I'm always interested in what you have to say.

brad cook

ps - How's "the flipper" coming along?!
  2. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

thank you much... the cat over there at 'bass player,' greg olwell is really good peeps and brings up interesting things to go over when you're doing spiels w/him. that helps a bunch - part of the word "dialog" is something meaning "two," right? so much credit to him and the folks there for being down to earth w/the machine that lays the lows close to the earth. I got to meet one of their columnists, ed freidland in tucson this last tour and he was a happening cat too. much respect for them cats having me aboard.

the flipper keeps learning how...

on bass, watt