Great Jaco tune live video...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Jun 14, 2005.

1. OK - so this isn't Jaco it's Laurence Cottle - from little old Blighty - and yes I filmed this, but this is awesome - it's his version of 'Used To Be A Cha Cha' and has a ridiculus extra part that he added - before the head actually starts:

Sorry to move this from 'Bassists' - as this is probably better over here - seriously this guy is up there with the best guys around - more here

Thanks again

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Wow, that was pretty insane! Never heard of this before tough.
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    He was on one of the first Basstalk samplers - great player.
  4. there's a nice bit of Jonas Hellborg on here too:

Laurence is an awesome player - he wrote the extended head for the Jaco thing - he's massively underated but he's played with Bill Bruford and Joe Zawinul in the recent past - very nice bloke as well - utterly down to earth and humble.

5. yeah, the hellborg one is pretty wild, i watched that one yesterday after the LC one. hellborg is really amazing!!
  6. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    bump, gotta check this out when i get home..

7. Wow, that was awesome!
    Very cool arrangement too.
  8. Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Is anybody else shocked at how much he captures Jaco's tone? Sure it's a little more modern, but it's got that certain "metallic" quality to it that I've only ever heard from Jaco. Sweet playing too.
  9. Laurence is a deep cat - his finger picking is quite brilliant and he only ever really uses two fingers - and he can slap like a bastard as well - this man is one of best bass treasures from the UK.

10. Joe Garage

Joe Garage

Mar 13, 2005
    That was amazing!
    What a brilliant bass player!